Old 17-03-2007, 11:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] carlton.pemberbrook@gmail.com is offline

Default Is 4 inches too deep for grass seed? (I've alreay planted them 4 inches)

I have an d aerator that puts 4 inch holes in lawn. I spent 10 hours
aerating the entire lawn, and hand inserted grass seeds into each
hole.
I am wondering if this will be ok. As Ive done it Ill just have to
see. Im sure some of the seeds landed less than 4 inches.
I also covered the entire land in 1/2 inch layer of sphagnum peat
moss.

Any answers to this I very much appreciate.

thx