Old 18-03-2007, 02:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Minelli Family Minelli Family is offline

Default Systemic pest killers

"Dayton" wrote in message

Thanks. The biggest problem in spraying is that the plants are in a closed
room under flourescent and HID lights so ventilation is a real problem
during the winter (Maine where the low was -15° last week). That's why I
tried the Neem, it being a natural product. Will try some of the others,
which I have all of for outdoor work, when I can open the windows or take
the plants outside. Was hoping that there might be a magic bullet because
the scale problem has been going on for a couple of years. Every time I
think they're gone, I turn around and they're back.

We have the same problem with meanly bugs and spider mites in a small hobby
greenhouse. No amount of spray, even systemic works for long. So far the
orchids have been spared, but we fear they'll get infested next.