Old 18-03-2007, 05:47 AM posted to aus.gardens
Staycalm Staycalm is offline

Default Spider vs ? Update 2

Actually - more like this:
http://www.brisbaneinsects.com/brisb...SpiderWasp.htm

"Staycalm" wrote in message
Daughter and I have watched a bug (wasp?) drag a rather large
huntsman/wolf spider across the grass to a hole in the ground near the
path. The spider was fully paralized and the bug even left it briefly on
the path while it checked out it's hole. I imagine it will be used as a
breeding object for the bugs.
The wasp? was very bright orange but didn't seem to have a large stinger.
It could hang on to the spider and drag it.
Anyone have an idea of what it might be? I am in Melbourne.

Liz