Old 18-03-2007, 12:09 PM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens
Terryc Terryc is offline

Default Silver Leaf Vine

Jen wrote:

Hot afternoon, cut stems towards growing tip and insert into a small
container of straight roundup which you tie on.

Care to explain this a bit better? I'm curious.

Plants are pumping more fluids to and from the leaves on hot days. So
when you cut the tip off a vine and immediately stick it into a small
container of roundup, it starts sucking the stuff back into the plant,
With a little luck it will reach the roots before it starts killing off
the plant.

Worked a treat on a neighbours vine that kept invading my garden shed
and he declined to trim. Shed locaion in back corner meant that I
couldn't get in there either (yes, the fence had been relocated).

I have also found that scrapping vine stems and painting (small artists
paint brush) roundupo will sicken a lot of plants.