Old 18-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Rachel Aitch Rachel Aitch is offline
Registered User

Location: South Oxfordshire

Quote:
On 16 Mar, 14:48, Sacha wrote:
This really is extraordinary. In the biggest greenhouse this morning, a
customer suddenly said "WHAT'S THAT????" and there, buzzing about a stand
of
primulas, was a hummingbird hawk moth!
Hi Sacha, is this the same one that makes the most enormous caterpillar? I found one while digging a client's bed last year, and it gave me what my mother used to call " a turn". Or was that something like an elephant hawkmoth? ooer, now I'm confused. (goes away to look up pictures of giant caterpillars and have nightmares)
www.Rachel-The-Gardener.co.uk (still building website, don't expect too much!)
Jobbing Gardener, South Oxfordshire
Living Willow Sculptures and Plant Sales