Old 18-03-2007, 03:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default St John's Wort (Perennial) Care

On 18 Mar 2007 06:54:28 -0700, wrote:

I planted several St John's Wort perennials last spring in my NJ
garden. As Fall approached, I wasn't totally sure if I should have
trimmed the plant to its base or not. Since its shrubby in nature,
the woody growth and many of the leaves remained on during the Winter
months. Do I trim it back in the spring to its base or not?

I'd wait till the end of May when things start to get growing in your
Zone. Most likely the branches died back and then you can just clean
it up.