Old 18-03-2007, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve Wolstenholme Steve Wolstenholme is offline

Default Yukka - outdoors?

On 18 Mar 2007 07:01:49 -0700, "Lord0" wrote:

Hi there,

I have a Yukka (a houseplant) which has grown too large for my house
(over 6 foot tall). Can it be hardened off and planted outside - to
stay outside over winter? I live in West Central Scotland and get
maybe three or four "hard" frosts a year.

Cheers

Lord0

Yes and no!

Yukka will survive in a frost free part of the garden but your hard
frosts will be very difficult to avoid.

Steve