Old 18-03-2007, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Amaryllis

Lord0 writes
Hi there,

I'll keep this short. I got an Amaryllis bulb for Xmas which has now
flowered (and very nice it was too), the instructions stated that it
should be discarded after flowering. Is there no way I can keep it
going for next year? It seems a shame to destroy it.

No reason at all not to keep it going. The original bulb will flower
year after year and steadily get larger, and it will produce offshoots
which is a few years will start flowering themselves.
--
Kay