Old 18-03-2007, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MadCow MadCow is offline

Default Frost and Tadpoles

In message , will_c
writes
We have a mass of frog spawn, in various stages of development. Some has
produced tadpoles already. There are 3 or 4 large blobs, some under water,
some on the surface.

Can someone please give me some advice on protecting it from the cold
weather and frost that we are apparently about to be hit with?

My pond's tiny and the newer spawn was still partly above the water
surface, so I've filled the pond up to cover it.

Last time it froze, only the spawn above the surface was killed, the
rest of the mass was fine. Fortunately frogs lay more spawn than you
can possibly need.

--
Sue ]