Old 19-03-2007, 03:54 AM posted to aus.gardens
FlowerGirl[_2_] FlowerGirl[_2_] is offline

Default Spider vs ? Update 2

"Staycalm" wrote in message
u...
Actually - more like this:
http://www.brisbaneinsects.com/brisb...SpiderWasp.htm

Well that would have been my suggestion... or
http://www.csiro.au/resources/ps1c5.html

There are a few different spider wasps here .... hymenoptera I think
.... and I'd have more info if DH hadn't swiped my copy of "Wildlife of
Greater Brisbane" and taken it to work with him (a friend of mine wrote the
section on wasps and I'm sure spider wasps are covered really well in that
book).

I believe there is a similar publication for Melbourne:
http://www.unireps.com.au/isbn/0643092544.htm which, if its anything like
the Brisbane version, lets you ID local native animals really easily (and
with the sister book "Wild Plants of Greater Brisbane" most local native
plants are also covered).

Amanda