Old 19-03-2007, 05:36 AM posted to aus.gardens
[email protected] brucef@eudoramail.com is offline

Default slaters

On Mar 18, 9:17 pm, Terryc wrote:
Can you recommend a breed of ducks with "attitude".
Too many local cats roam at night.

It would be a very brave cat that would take on an
adult duck. Our appleyards are a bantam breed, but
they can still give me a buffetting with their wings
when I catch them. Ducklings are another matter, you
need to protect them. Crows are worse than cats.

If you really want to bring out the big guns get
Muscovies. Seriously beefy ducks. Avoid Indian
Runners - they are lighter and of a more nervous
disposition.

There is no real need to lock your ducks up at
night unless you suffer from foxes.