Old 19-03-2007, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_2_] Alan Holmes[_2_] is offline

Default Digging

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Alan Holmes" wrote
Talking about potatoes, how the hell can you stop the slugs getting at
the tubers, but nothing expensive!

As I've said many times before... choose a slug resistant variety, that's
the cheapest and most effective method.
Kestral (SE) is well known for it's slug resistance and is a good spud and
keeps longer than you expect.
It's offspring Spey (MC) is also good and very similar, although can get
spraing.
Romano (EMC) red is a nice spud too and keeps well.
There are others.

Thanks, must try to remember those varieties, but will I be able to just buy
8 of each, or will I have to buy a huge bag full?

Alan