Old 19-02-2003, 02:03 PM
David J. Bockman

Default HELP with aftermath of Pine Tree removal

If you excavate out below soil level with your grinder and then remove the
shredded remains you shouldn't have a problem. The resinous nature of pine
roots means that they will persist for awhile but shouldn't interfere with
growth. There is no acidity problem either.

Dave

"Todd W. Roat" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

We have a giant pine tree planted 10 feet from the front left corner
of our house. Stands probably ablut 30 feet. Having it revoved for
many reasons: endless gutter problems with cones and pine straw,
nothing will grow under it , etc. However, we want to replace it with
another smaller more decorative tree.
Will it be hard for another tree to grow in that exact same spot
(provided I have the stump well removed)? I have heard stories of how
the pine tree root system stiull grows for years after tree actually
gone and that the super high acidity level from the pine tree may
remain for quite some time.

Any thought?

Thanks
Todd in Cincinnati