Old 19-03-2007, 02:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Paph name? Can't find it

I think it depends on which taxonomist you are reading and at what point in
time the tag was published. Primulinum is a species in its own right as it
stands today. Wasn't so when the cross was registered. Just another of
those things you are supposed to know... Grrr

K Barrett

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
newsjwLh.1571$zN.1078@trndny03...
Thanks Ray!

Is liemianum a species in it's own right? The RHS seems to list it. I
thought primulinum was a full species and not a variation.

This name game is a mess. I'm just going to call them all Orchid!

Good Growing,
Gene

"Ray B" wrote in message
The cross isn't registered as such, but P. druryi x P. lieminaum v.
primulinum is registered as P. Druid Spring, as is P. druryi x P.
primulinum

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
Hello RGOers,

I'm having a hard time finding the name of a primary cross that is
blooming in my greenhouse.

Paph liemainum x Paph druryi

What am I missing? Must be one of those name change things....

Thanks,
Gene