Old 19-03-2007, 01:52 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Just Joshin Just Joshin is offline

Default pre-emergent??

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 12:03:02 GMT, "JerseyMike"
wrote:

ok...another spring is coming, another year at trying to grow a decent lawn
and another year putting down pre-emergent. the directions on the bag
(Scotts) say to put it down in general terms and general times but nothing
specific. what are actual basic or good hints of when to use the stuff. i'
m thinking that maybe in the past i've put it down at the wrong
time...either too soon or too late. what signs of nature should i look for,
if any. BTW i live in central coastal New Jersey.

thanks for any tips,

mike..........

imho:

I tried to time my addition to right before I 'have to' and lost. Some
might say, when a certain flower blooms, or a certain air temp, I just
add when it seems warm enough for my grass to start and grow. I have
to reapply sooner, but no more guess work for me, I have a small yard
too.

Right now my yard is covered in snow, so it's a good sign it's too
early.

later,

tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com