Old 19-03-2007, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\) Robert \(Plymouth\) is offline

Default Well...........!

La Puce wrote:
: On 19 Mar, 14:42, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:
:: Well, other than (apparently) you,I can't think of anyone who DOESN'T
:: plant them then - or at least intend to.
:
: But you don't. That surely makes two of us ) I remember how
: surprised I was to read that broad beans were sowed so early. It's far
: too humid here and as I said nobody I know sow their broad beans as
: early as Feb here in Manchester, in my lotty (Scott Avenue in Chorlton
: Cum Hardy) and neighbourhood (Whalley Range), nor do we do peas before
: end March mid April (depending on what's falling from the skies). I
: usually do both after my spuds.
:
: The recommended time is
:: mid-February around Cambridge, though I aim for mid-March, and even
:: earlier further south.
:
: But you've just said that you didn't sow them until another month.
: That will bring you into April. Will it not?

Broad beans (November and December sowings) and onions looking well in
spite of gales and hail. Beabns are supported by horizontal ropes and well
into bud. Oeas and potatoes keeping their heads under thank goodness