Old 19-03-2007, 09:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default bineweed

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:52:58 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message
. ..
On 19 Mar 2007 05:37:58 -0700, "lyngiven"
wrote:

Can anyone suggest how I can stop bineweed creeping under the fence
that divides my garden from the adjoining playing fields. I spend
hours each year digging it up. is there a better solution?

-Lyn

Dilligent and relentless cutting it off at the base at least once a
week. If the plant doesn't produce foliage it will eventually run out
of life. This procedure must be done at least once a week, if not
every four days. If it goes to flower and sets seeds, which it does
at a remarkable rate, you're toast. Also, it's called bindweed, not
bineweed, if it's the plant I'm thinking of.

This is an example of the world catering to bad spellers. I found