Old 20-03-2007, 01:32 AM posted to rec.gardens
Stephen Henning Stephen Henning is offline

Default bineweed

"lyngiven" wrote:

Can anyone suggest how I can stop bineweed creeping under the fence
that divides my garden from the adjoining playing fields. I spend
hours each year digging it up. is there a better solution?

When you pull bindweed out, each root fragment grows into a new plant.
The only way is to kill the plants and roots. I have used two methods,
smothering under a barrier and Roundup. Roundup kills the plants roots
and all. Smothering is slow but eventually again.

http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/pubs/plantsci/weeds/w802w.htm

Regarding the plant that is used as a treatment for poison ivy, it is
jewelweed.

PRO: http://www.hbci.com/~wenonah/hydro/jewelwed.htm

CON:
http://www.wemjournal.org/wmsonline/...issn=0953-9859