Old 27-03-2003, 12:20 PM
hels

Default Dame de coeur

Hi Allegra,

Nice to see someone here who actually "knows" where the Netherlands are and
how it looks:-)

There was a famous Flemish poet whom I was named after. His name was Guido
Gezelle.

No, living in The Hague (the Royal city)

Approx a mile from the Westbroek Rose garden of The Hague.

I used to grow all sorts of. Did a mayor overhaul of my garden and now the
leftovers are banned to two borders but wit ideal conditions.

Modern roses less, because they don't like my pure sand soil so much

Regards

"Allegra" schreef in bericht

"hels" wrote in message

Allegra

I am Dutch

as Marianne and Rien are

apparently

I answered Mriannes question already in private (and in Dutch) as Shiva
doesn't want me to appear here as she believes this is "her"

newsgroup....

Just to let you know...

Guido

Hello Guido,

Now what is nice Dutch fellow doing signing with such a beautiful Italian
name?
Where are you? Amsterdam? Gorgeous city? I visited the gardens at the

Palais
of Het Loo right after the reconstruction. What a beauty! and we fell in
love with
the rhododendrons and the roses at Huize Warmelo in Diepenheim in
Overijssel.
I always find extremely funny that some people believe only bulbs are

grown
in
Holland.

At any rate, you can talk to me any time you want. I wish I could speak
Dutch,
but my ears are not good enough to get the right pronunciation. However my
good will seems to make up for my lack of phonetic singularity ;)

Is good to know that you are into roses. What do you grow? Ogr? or HTs?
a mixture of both? I grow and mostly study old garden roses. I find them

be a constant source of wonderment. I hope you will share your garden.
It is nice to learn from others in other climates how they deal with their
problems, and I mean solely about roses ;)

Take care and please share some photos if you have,

Allegra