Old 20-03-2007, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Anyone been to Alnwick garden - here is a review

On 19/3/07 18:31, in article
,
" wrote:

from
http://www.gardennetlinks.co.uk The UK directory of garden
related websites

Alnwick Garden is situated on the estate of the Duke of Northumberland
and was set up by his wife, Jane, The Duchess of Northumberland. The
garden (on a 12 acre site) was opened by Prince Charles in 2002 and
has become one of the most popular tourist attractions in North East
England. The garden appeals to a wide audience, from the proffessional
gardener, down to people who just garden as a relaxing past time. The
garden has excellent access for the disabled, which I think is great.
It has the advantage of being built recently, so such considerations
could be taken into account into the plans.

snip

Just the other day I was talking to someone who works for us and who comes
from that area. She recommended a visit very highly. She said that the
planting probably wouldn't hold many surprises for a very knowledgeable
plants person but that the design and general thought behind the garden are
absolutely brilliant and well worth a look.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk