Old 27-03-2003, 12:56 PM
James Harris

Default [IBC] Growing Box = Ground

Donald,
I couldn't have said it better myself. I try to avoid the big chain DIY stores whenever possible. I much prefer my local hardware store. They may "seem" smaller, but in my experience they usually have whatever I need at the time. I can't always say the sam
e for the big DIY stores.
Jim
S.E. Michigan, Zone 5b

Donald Henry Shaw 3/26/03 2:13:18 PM

Hi, John...

Try going to ANY place that ISN'T a Home Depot (or one of its equivalents)
such as a local, native-to-the-area-owned-by hardware store and repeat your
request. Alternatively you might try any place catering to farmers or
agriculture such as Blue Seal or Agway...

As our nation "homogenizes" and "disney-fies" with the proliferation of
nation-wide mega-stores spreading single products, techniques, approaches
and solutions, [AND destroys the specific, the regional and the local
"character" which for so long made this vast and diversified country such a
special place] it gets harder and harder to easily find what you "really"
want or need.

"Hardware cloth" is a very specific product with any number of uses -- and
it has been for more than a century. If you couldn't readily find it, blame
neither yourself nor the people who turned you towards it -- rather the
"fault" lies with the organizational set-up and philosophies of those folks
with their one-size-fits-all marketing strategies & their lack of "hands-on"
experience with the "real" world who are buying for the big chains...

:^)

Good luck with your search!

Donald

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++