Old 27-03-2003, 01:08 PM
Frogleg

Default veggie garden question

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:29:02 -0600, Matt Leber
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 06:57:59 -0500, Dwight Sipler wrote:
Matt Leber wrote:

... The tomatoes did end up shading one of my
zucchini plants. Because of this, it only produced a couple of smallish
zucchinis...

Finally! a solution to the excess zucchini problem....

Well, not exactly. The plant 1.5" to the north produced more than we could
eat. The true solution to the "excess zucchini" problem lies in getting to
know your neighbors and finding one (or two or three?) that like zucchini.
Our nextdoor neighbors love zucchini. Even so, we felt as though we needed
to apologize for dumping zucchini on them in bulk quantity

I haven't the space for zucchini, but would be delighted to find some
on my front porch one morning. Just the smaller ones, please. Not
those that hide under the leaves 'til they're 2' long. :-)