Old 21-03-2007, 01:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
tbell tbell is offline

Default besseae

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:21:03 -0700, wayne rohrer wrote
(in article ) :

Hello group
I need some help. At the Houston orchid show I bought Phrag. besseae
'Haven" X besseae 'smokin.' This was Saturday. I put it in my greenhouse,
Sunday, and watered it. I look at it every day when I get home from work. It
had a beautifuf orange flower, with buds below. Today when I looked at it the

flower had fallen off. It does not look like something ate it or cut it off.
Looks like it just dropped off. Any ideas, or suggestions on the culture? I

have moved it in the house with my Phals. It looks as if it is growing in
sandy , small rocks. I plan to repot saturday.
Help if you can.

Wayne rohrer

Doesn't sound too ominous, Wayne. That's the way Phrags do; bloom for a few
days and then the head falls off, and in serial bloomers, another will
follow.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200