Old 20-03-2007, 09:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
John - Pa. John - Pa. is offline

Default Longwood 2007-03-18-D - Elegance_4933.jpg

This is the ceiling of the Longwood conservatory Organ Room. Yes,
there is some pin-cushion distortion, noticeable in this thanks to all
the straight lines (the ceiling was flat). On the other hand, this is
my "cheap" $400 consumer-grade 28-135 IS Zoom lens. I have been
considering replacing this with the 24-105mm IS "L" lens. I did not
attempt to correct this distortion problem in software, so I don't
know how effective that would be. I can say that I'd be really annoyed
if I had spent the money for an "L" lens and ended up with the same
issue.

JD
Canon 10D
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Elegance_4933.jpg (276.9 KB, 76 views)