Old 21-03-2007, 09:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone Persephone is offline

Default Vines for clay soil

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 14:00:54 -0800, "David E. Ross"
wrote:

claudia wrote:
Does anybody can recommend a vine that will grow in heavy clay soil?
I need to close a big fence but I am not willing to amend the soil.

Thanks

I believe that neither ivy (genus Hedera) nor grapes are fussy about
soils.

Gwacious! Why do you think the French (and now the U.S.) are
so choosy about the type of soil Wine Grape "x" grows in!
That's supposed to be practically the #1 factor for winemakers.
Maybe the grapes aren't "fussy" but the vintners certainly are!

Persephone