Old 21-03-2007, 08:56 PM posted to rec.ponds
Reel McKoi Reel McKoi is offline

Default pond filtration

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a preformed fiberglass pond. 11 fish - very very oversized
goldfish.

How large is your pond? Each large adult goldfish needs about 20 gallons of
water.

I have one of those cheap filters in which you need to constantly
clean the sponge filters and it never gets rid of the green nor the
smell.

Smell? Are you doing the needed partial water changes at least twice a
month? Is there a lot of crud rotting on the bottom?

Can someone point me in a good direction?

We need more information. Sponges clog quickly when there's algae in the
water. You may want to invest in a better, bigger filter.

I live in Denver, CO

Thanks alot

--
RM....