Old 21-03-2007, 09:06 PM posted to austin.gardening
cat daddy cat daddy is offline

Default Beekeeping, was Hummingbirds?

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 08:29:48 -0500, "cat daddy"
wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone see any yet?

No, but that's not too unusual here as the plants they like aren't
blooming and I never get around to setting out feeders.
What disturbs me more is the lack of bees. The reason I keep oxalis is

so
the bees have something early. I've seen only three bees where normally

they
are covering the blooms. I fear the GMO industry is creating dire
consequences.

Yes, me too. I watch my peach tree blooming and try to find a bee.
My husaband said he saw them, but I'm afraid to look too closely. I
can't go another year without a decent peach!

Your comments about beekeeping in the other post prompted me to look it
up, but it looks way too complicated. I'd like to encourage wild bees, but
if they're not coming to their natural food source.....