Old 17-03-2007, 01:17 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JGOverbeck JGOverbeck is offline

Default New pond owner needs help

We bought a house with a pond in central Texas. The pond is about13 feet by 7 feet and about 18 inches deep. We have a bunch of shubunkins - about 30 of various sizes. My question is how to keep enough oxygen in the water during the summer where temperatures can be in the 100s for many days. Do I use a pump, plants or ...? If a pump, what is the best inexpensive solar pump and how big a pump do I need? Our pond is a good distance from an electrical outlet and although, using an electric cord is not out of the question, I think we would prefer a solar pump. Any and all advice is welcomed. We just want the fish to be happy!

Thanks,

Joanie