Old 20-03-2007, 04:26 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
DavidM[_1_] DavidM[_1_] is offline

Default Any others using a Skippy style filter?

G Pearce wrote, On 20/03/2007 15:32:
That is what I use - mine is a 45 gal drum, with ~ 32" high return
bulkhead - most of the water is crystal clear by the time it rises up 32"
through the media. I intend to install a skimmer and that would probably
help your situation

I think that is where my filter is failing. The water only reaches a
hight of ~15", so there is a pretty short path to slow down the
suspended material. Perhaps I need a different tank for it.

The skimmer would have it's work cut out in my pond. Last summer we
accidentally introduced a couple of tiny floating pond weeds. (2-3"
thread roots and three small leaves) The pond was covered in it after no
time at all.

--
DavidM
www.djmorgan.org.uk