Old 20-03-2007, 05:27 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
drsolo drsolo is offline

Default Any others using a Skippy style filter?

polyester batting is so cheap I toss it. but yes, it needs to be last in
line and not really "in line" either.
veggie filler is purely hyroponics. I put a roll of something at start of
flow to catch bigger stuff and slow the flow. I have a mix of flower pots,
water celery and Cyperus. both celery and cyperus develop those dense mats.
http://weloveteaching.com/mypond/changes/changes2.htm Ingrid

"DavidM" wrote in message
The problem with a fibrous filter is that it will clog and require
cleaning, which was the problem with the previous set up. I suppose it
could be laid on top of the main filter media as the last layer before
cascading back into the pond.
Does your veggie filter contain any earth, or is it purely a hydroponics
system? Which plants are best, ones that put out a really dense mat of
roots