Old 16-03-2007, 04:49 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi Reel McKoi is offline

Default Where have all the newts gone?

"Anthony Campbell" wrote in message
Until a couple of years ago our small pond in our north London garden
was regularly populated with common newts breeding in spring. For the
last two years there have been no newts. Does this reflect the
widespread loss of amphibians that has been reported? They are certainly
missed.

I'm from America, the mid South. We have LOADS of newts here. They spawn
in the ponds along with the frogs and toads in spring. I have read about the
loss of amphibians but it sure doesn't apply to some of us ponders in the
USA. :-)
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.