Old 21-03-2007, 06:13 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
G Pearce G Pearce is offline

Default Fish for my big puddle?

I've thought of having two ponds, I certainly have the room, but
having the one that is pretty unprotected leads me to believe that I
would have to worry and fuss with the other a bit, just to keep the
natural wildlife away. I've got frogs and tadpoles and plants and
bugs and stuff in the pond right now, so I figure the water can't be
all that bad. I need fish that are as slack about acidity and the
like as I am. I have trouble even remembering to water my plants, I
sure don't want to add wondering about pond water quality to that. Do
you have to feed goldfish?

Many get by without feeding their goldfish by keeping their numbers down,
which in turn helps with water quality in their pond
Gale :~)