Old 22-03-2007, 12:52 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default sun protective clothing

"Jangchub" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:22:02 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Depends on your needs. I need ONE hat that will also keep the rain off.
The
Tilley doesn't fail unless I'm in a downpour for about 3 hours. A straw
hat
would be a sad mess by that point.

When it rains in TX we get out of the way and go inside. It is almost
always accompanied by dangerous ground to cloud lightening and cloud
to ground lightening. We love rain here, but almost every time it
rains there are flash floods and at leas someone dies driving over a
road where storm water is flowing. They tell everyone a million times
never to drive over even an inch of water as that can drag any vehicle
into the creek.

Same here, sometimes. But, trout season begins April 1. If it's over 40
degrees, I'll be out there in the rain.