Old 22-03-2007, 02:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Padraig Padraig is offline

Default Crow in backyard

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Padraig" wrote in message

Tell me, do you sit waiting for these shots or do you race for the camera
when you see them?

A little of both. I even shot one from inside the house the other day...a
couple of doves on a finch feeder right outside my office/library.

I often sit outside on the patio working a crossword or sudoku with the
camera sitting alongside, just in case. I don't call that sitting and
waiting but some people might. Other times I've run inside and grabbed the
camera on a moment's notice.

But the hummingbird pics? They require deliberate stalking, or at least
lying in wait. You have to be ready to shoot when a "model" comes along and
"poses" because they don't pose for long. And they're pretty solitary
animals. They don't flock like finches or even crows for that matter.
Normally I see them one at a time. Rarely more than two. The most I've
seen in the yard at one time is three.
--
Paddy's Pig