Old 22-03-2007, 04:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Crow in backyard

"Padraig" wrote in message

But the hummingbird pics? They require deliberate stalking, or at least
lying in wait. You have to be ready to shoot when a "model" comes along
and "poses" because they don't pose for long. And they're pretty solitary
animals. They don't flock like finches or even crows for that matter.
Normally I see them one at a time. Rarely more than two. The most I've
seen in the yard at one time is three.

I've only once seen a hummingbird, while I was staying with friends in Puget
Sound. I thought hummers were tropical birds and couldn't believe what I saw
so of course I rushed for my camera. I shot the bird with excited, shaky
hands, through a large window and since the dwelling was in prime growth
forest the lighting wasn't ideal.

Ah well, I tried, and I remembered what the shot was when it was printed.

Yes, it was that long ago, in 1990.

Mary