Old 22-03-2007, 06:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Travis M. Travis M. is offline

Default Crow in backyard

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Padraig" wrote in message

But the hummingbird pics? They require deliberate stalking, or at
least lying in wait. You have to be ready to shoot when a "model"
comes along and "poses" because they don't pose for long. And
they're pretty solitary animals. They don't flock like finches or
even crows for that matter. Normally I see them one at a time.
Rarely more than two. The most I've seen in the yard at one time is
three.

I've only once seen a hummingbird, while I was staying with friends in
Puget Sound. I thought hummers were tropical birds and couldn't
believe what I saw so of course I rushed for my camera. I shot the
bird with excited, shaky hands, through a large window and since the
dwelling was in prime growth forest the lighting wasn't ideal.

Ah well, I tried, and I remembered what the shot was when it was
printed.

Yes, it was that long ago, in 1990.

We have hummingbirds year round.

--