Old 22-03-2007, 09:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dave T Scotland Dave T Scotland is offline

Default How best to use horse dung to grow veggies?

Hi, - finding it difficult to come up with a clear answer to the
following. I'm sure there are some excellent knowledgeable people
out there....

We have 1/2 acre + huge polytunnel and try to grow good veggies for
ourselves... We also have access to lots of horse dung ('oss-
muck'),
but are not sure what we can use it on... The dung is fairly "pure",
i.e not much mixed up with straw bedding, and fresh-ish. Do we have
to compost it before we can use it? If so by mixing it with what? We
have access to lots of grass cuttings, but not hay/straw. Are there
any veggies that like it dug in "neat"? Or is it too strong for most
things???? Cheers....