Old 22-03-2007, 09:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gareee© Gareee© is offline

Default FINALLY.. and dismal pond fileter system report on last year...

wrote in message ...
Hi Gareee!
Good to see you again! It's exciting to see so many

old friends come back!
kathy :-)

Yep, it is. My combo uv and filter system failed dismally last year, and I
had greenwater almost the whole season. I'm *so* glad I bought everything I
thought I'd need. (NOT!)

We've seen a TON of frogs thio sear already and of course a huge number of
frog eggs.. the fish will be eating well and free for some time.

Plants are already springing up, about 3 weeks early, and the fish are
showing up from time to time.. the pong is also already pea soup green.

I'm also guessing we are overstocked, with probably 35-45 goldfish now,
ranging from almost a foot long to tiny ones, and th epond is 12x12x2-4 feet
deep.. fortunately the local pet store will buy the overstock.

The waterfall last year was problematic, so not sure what I'll do with the
whole thing this year. last year it was a buttload of work, with very little
pleasurable return.

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)