Old 19-03-2007, 03:09 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default Congratulations +

~Roy~ wrote:
uh huh...sounds typical of a wisteria. it can literally destroy
objects, so plant them wisely in regards to what it has access to.....

I believe I have the right vine. It makes a long seed pod similar to a
snap bean which may have fuzz on it right?

Yep, that's the one......I do find it strange that you are both
reporting it's destructive nature - now ivy is a different matter. In
the UK a number of buildings actually have it growing up them - there is
a house across the road from me that has a very large, mature wisteria
growing all over the front of the house - it has been there for a least
20 years (probably by the size of it a lot longer) and there is no
visible signs of damage to their house (I just looked out the window to
check) - but of course, I guess, climate and construction differences
may account for this - most houses here are brick and mortar with slate
roofs....

Gill