Old 23-03-2007, 12:27 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gareee© Gareee© is offline

Default FINALLY.. and dismal pond fileter system report on last year...

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message
Make sure the sleeve the bulb is protected by is CLEAN. Even a light film
will keep it from working properly.

Yeah it's clean, I checked the waterflow amount, and I think the problem is
too much sun, and never enough plants. I bought about $70 worth of pont
plants last year,and I can never get more then 20-30% coverage. Someone sent
me water lettuce late in the season year before last, and that did ok, but
still never grew enough to give me enough coverage to reduge the algae.

There are very few stores here that carry any pond supplied, and I've never
been able to get enough fast growing cover foliage.. the fish gobb;le it up
faster then it can propagate.

Might try a uncovered filter this year, with some water lettuce in it, if I
can find any.

I might just plant the waterfall area with plants, instead of dicking around
with it this year.

--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)