Old 23-03-2007, 02:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Lar Lar is offline

Default garden insect identification

rcas12 wrote:
Hi,

Can anybody help me to identify these insects in my garden? They
usually hide near the wall, get out when it's warm and like to cluster
in large numbers. I don't know whether I should get rid of them. BTW,
I'm in SE Michigan and it's spring time now

http://picasaweb.google.com/rcas12/I...87941691744530
http://picasaweb.google.com/rcas12/I...87941691744546

Thanks.

Like your spunk in thinking you can get rid of them..
As mentioned they are a box elder bugs coming from a nearby host tree
and the only sure way of not having the bugs is getting rid of the tree.
More of a nuisance than anything but when they show up inside by the
thousands you will learn to hate them with a passion. And they are not
harming the host tree.

Lar