Old 27-03-2003, 03:56 PM
lms

Default best roses for Albuquerque, NM

In article ,
says...

KATE KARON wrote:

Albuquerque is in the high desert, at about 5000 feet. It's DRY here,
above 90 in summer, but down to 60 at night. I think that the summer
weather is prone to mildew.

Anybody have any ideas?

Is there still a Southwest(ern) Rose Society?

Better than that. There's Mack's rose site, a rosarian guy in Socorro
who grows lots and lots of roses.

http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/~mstephen/ros99.htm

I figure if he can grow roses there, you should be able to do the same
kinds of things in Albuquerque. Of course, he has a big ditch to
irrigate from.

hahaha, yeah, big ditch. everybod's happy with their first long drink. I have
a renewed spirit. heheh. Am waiting for another Dr. Brownell, another
Sunsprite, another Paul McCartney, Barbara Streisand, Amalia, some kinda
'Autumn' gd climber, and Fire Meidelland. That oughta do me. I think I'm
most excited about the clitoria in the greenhouse though. I broke the first
one that popped out, really pistmeov. But anyways, Happy Spring, Cass.