Old 23-03-2007, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Alan is offline

Default Petrol Rotary Lawn Mower Recommendations

Morning all

Having recently moved house and acquired a larger garden in the process
(not sit on mower size though!) I have decided after struggling with my
current 1400W electric rotary mower to investigate purchasing something
more powerful and convenient. Law is essentially flat

Criteria

Not electric - looking for petrol (don't want to mess around if possible
with oil/petrol mix)but accept this may be inevitable

Must collect the grass in a box

Not likely to stall on moderately wet grass (and grass may be up to 3
inches long)

Can leave engine running with blade disengaged (remove obstructions)

Don't want a self propelled mower - I can push it!

Budget circa £300 (not a top end model then!)

Thinking of possibly a Honda Izzy46 Push Mower HRG465PD (details here
http://www.lawnmowersandleisure.co.u.../product54.htm

Any advise or recommendations gratefully accepted.

Regards

Alan