Old 23-03-2007, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tom Tom is offline

Default Ants!

Tim wrote:
I have ants appearing from beneath my skirting board in the kitchen.
There is the odd 2 or 3 accompanied by some bits of earth that they
have dug up, so can anyone suggest anything to stop the buggers from
'massing' ready for a breakout sometime soon? Figured I could seal
along there with silicon sealer (floor is ceramic tile) but don't
really want to do that. Is there anything I can squirt along there
that'll kill em and deter any from venturing in?

WD40 is excellent for getting rid of ants. I think it messes up their
chemical messaging system (ants comunicate by pheremones or something like
that) but however it works, it works.

Give them a good spraying a couple of times a day and they'll soon be gone.

Tom