Old 23-03-2007, 06:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
Rick F. Rick F. is offline

Default Who makes the best garden tillers ?

On 2007-03-23, John Q. Public wrote:
Hello,

I'm in the market for a new garden tiller. Something with a 5-8
horsepower engine, rear tine, and no more than $600 or so.....
I want this one to be the last I'll ever buy.

Who makes the most dependable ?
Availability of replacement parts is important also.

Well -- I've got a Honda mini-tiller (not sure of the model), but
it's going to be way too small for what you're after. However,
IF you can get one with a Honda motor, please do-- Honda makes
really nice motors that when regularly serviced will start on the
first pull unlike most other Briggs & Stratton motors I've used.

My mom bought my father a pressure washer a few years ago and
I insisted it had a honda motor on it and it runs like a champ
and still starts with a single tug of the rope.. My only peeve
with Honda is that they've been changing out a lot of parts from
metal to plastic on some of their products.. Of course if you're
only buying a tiller with a honda motor on it (and the tiller is
made by someone else) this may not apply in your case..