Old 23-03-2007, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Alan is offline

Default Petrol Rotary Lawn Mower Recommendations

Broadback wrote:

The only reason for a 2 stroke is if you have a lawn with a considerable
slope, as I have, then a 4 stroke can have problems with oil flow. I
cannot see the problem of switching off to work on the blade, restarting
when warm should be very easy.

Thanks for the input - no what I meant was more along the line of a
clutch so that one could disengage the drive/blade whilst one removed an
obstruction in front of the mower eg apples fallen from tree etc.

If its self propelled then must have the ability to de-clutch so I can
turn in around at end of each run.

Regards

Alan