Old 19-02-2003, 03:15 PM
Pam

Default Favorite Plants??

Actually "Lenten or Christmas rose" refers to Helleborus niger specifically - the
rest are simply referred to as hellebores.

animaux wrote:

I believe a common name is "lenten rose" not Christmal rose.

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:29:30 +0900, "Ono" wrote:

"Carolyn LeCrone" wrote in message
I love my hellebores.

Which term do u often used to call that plant - hellebores or Christmal
rose?
Or can't we use these terms interchangeably?
Thanks in advance.

- Ono (a Asian gardener who aren't clear about plant names in english)

Carolyn
"Iris Cohen" wrote in message
Of all the things you have growing in your garden(s) which could you
not
live without?

Lithodora 'Grace Ward.'

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"If we see light at the end of the tunnel, It's the light of the

oncoming
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)