Old 23-03-2007, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Petrol Rotary Lawn Mower Recommendations

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 19:31:12 +0000, Alan wrote:

If its self propelled then must have the ability to de-clutch so I can
turn in around at end of each run.

Yes the drive to the wheels has clutch but as I said the blade on a rotary
mower is attached directly to the end of the crankshaft. Engine running
means blade rotating...

Apples won't present any problem to a petrol rotary mower, they'll just
get hacked up into bits and spat into the grass box. You have *far* more
power available in a petrol mower. The one you posted a link to has a 4.5
hp engine, thats around 3.3 kW...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail