Old 23-03-2007, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Ants!

On 23/3/07 21:34, in article , "MadCow"
wrote:

In message , Baal
writes

Nippon - they take it back to their queen who dies and they move on!

I've tried it but never known it to stop the problem.
Is there something I should know, other than what's on the tube?

Yes. They've built an immunity to it, or so it seems to me. But in fact,
ants are not a problem. They might give the more squeamish a time or two
but they do no harm. Don't leave out uncovered food, make sure jam and
sugar pots are wiped clean on the exterior and forget about them. Wherever
you have terraces or nice, dry stone cavities, you'll have ants.
If they're really so troublesome you can't live with them, try sprinkling a
broad line of something like Vim or Ajax over the threshold of their
entrance to your house.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk