Old 24-03-2007, 08:29 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_2_] ~ jan[_2_] is offline

Default New pond owner needs help

~ jan wrote:

Since this thread is talking about airstones/pumps, I thought I'd add that
one can make a cheap air stone with some of that leaky hose for drip
irrigation. ~ jan

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 11:01:15 CST, Stephen Henning wrote:

The drip hose floats and the pumped air squirts into the atmospherw not
the pond. What do you use to keep the drip hose sunk?

It's called hi-tech.... a rock. ;-)

Actually I don't use them in my pond, though my son has used it at times in
aquariums, he used the gravel to hold it down. We did use a loop in the
D.pond one winter, we used a hi-tech heavy-0ld-sprinkler. ;-) I decided the
bubbles were too fine, so the last 2 winters we've done open tubing which
makes the bubbles boil the surface. More effective. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State